Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My Duke(Fuqua) Early Action Round Story


About a week ago, I received the status of my early action round application for Duke, Fuqua – The Daytime MBA Program and the news was not jovial. The notification said, that “you’re not invited for interview; however, this is not a final decision on your application”; my heart skipped a beat. I’m bit disappointed in myself. My top priority schools are Fuqua and Tuck. I was really looking forward to getting into one of these programs as I just fall in love with their culture and philosophy. Though there is still a little hope as I’m yet to receive the final status (probably by October 29, 2014).

I enjoyed extensively while preparing my application for Duke. Both the essay questions did provide the sense of feeling that the Adcom really wants to know about each and every individual beyond his/her academic and professional excellence. The humbleness and the involvement of Duke alumni with the prospective applicant can only be matched with only one other school, Tuck. I was amazed seeing that each alumnus is so ready to help out in the process even before one becomes a part of the fabulous Duke community. Also,in my research, Duke is the only other school, besides Tuck, whose school website has so much of the information about the program and the activities that people like me, who can’t visit schools in the U.S., can learn so much about the program from the school website.


I’m just hoping that the final decision comes in my favor. I loved the whole “Team-Fuqua” philosophy and really want to be the part of this great team. Fingers crossed, prayers start.

3 comments:

  1. Happened to stumble across your blog on the Beat the GMAT forum. It sucks that you weren't invited to interview, but hey, it's still early days since you might easily be interviewed in R1 or any of the later rounds. I guess that's a distinct advantage of applying early action! You have a good list of schools in here as well, in fact we have a lot of schools in common although I decided to apply to a maximum of four schools (two of which are already done – Duke and Yale). Have you heard from Yale yet? The wait is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I read your post about your duke interview. Best of luck with the news. I'm still waiting for the news from Yale. Fingers crossed

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Hope you hear some good news too :)

      Delete