Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Duke (Fuqua) Daytime MBA Program - Research Part 1


Duke, Fuqua is one the top B-school around the world but is it right fit for me? I still don't have a solid answer but the program seems to be very enchanting and attractive. In my research I identified few points that gave me positive vibes about the program but there are few points on which I've to do more research  to come to the ultimate conclusion - is it right fit for me? Here is the excerpt of my first draft of Research.

Things I liked about Fuqua -

1. Interdisciplinary Structure - Courses on different domains/fields/disciplines. This would be great for me, as post-MBA I'm tempted about 2 fields  - Media and Entertainment and Core Finance.

2. Fuqua's Media, Entertainment & Sports (MES) Club - Fuqua is one of the very few B-schools that have centre for M&E. I information about it M&E club is quiet handful.

3. Professor Lopomo's simulation program - I really love the whole concept of this program. In my graduation school one of my professor also uses the same method in his teaching and I quite enjoyed his classes for the same reason.

 Things I need to do more research -

1. Bigger Class size - Fuqua has a typical class size of  437 and the whole class is divided into section of some 70ish student. In my earlier firm, Intel Security - formally known as McAfee, we had a big working force and because of such a big strength I was able to make acquaintance with not many of the team, however, I feel that class strength is actually beneficial in Fuqua as they have much diversity. This is actually not ice-breaker but I would like to know how current students feel about the strength.

2. Centres - I touch superficially on Fuqua's various program centres. In part -2 of my research I'll update about how program centres at Fuqua's stand against those of other college.

That is all from my initial draft. If you like me to consider any specific detail about college do comment below.

Greetings,
Hemant

1 comment:

  1. My name is Andres and I do online outreach for TopMBA.com I was wondering if you would be interested in guest blogging for us.
    As you know TopMBA is an online resource for MBA applicants. We provide MBA rankings, event information, business school profiles, and MBA admissions advice. We also allow for interaction through our new MBA forum and blog.

    Let me know if you’d be interested in blogging for us. If so, you can contact me at andres@qs.com and I could answer any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you.

    Best,

    Andres

    ReplyDelete