Saturday, November 1, 2014

And The Fight Goes On...


So I got the rejection from Duke few days back. The rejection really had me thinking about my chances in any of my top choice programs. The decision also made to reconsider my list of round 2 schools. I was really enthusiastic about the NYU program, but now after evaluating NYU’s inclination towards higher GMAT score (mine is 700 - Q50, V34) and considering my position from a very competitive Indian IT applicant pool, I’m thinking of passing on NYU application.

Though the rejection did hurt my confidence level, but I’m not going to give up in the fight. I am evaluating my options carefully for round 2. Michigan Ross and Johnson Cornell are still on my priority list; however, I’m considering now some safer schools too. Not sure about my chances with UNC Kenan Flagler, Texas McCombs or Carnegie Tepper, but I’m really considering these schools because of lower median/mean GMAT score and their less competitive applicant pool. I've to shortlist 2 out of those 3 schools. The B - school journey is really tough and long with many ups and down. I've seen some down in the journey for now, but now eagerly waiting for a good up from my round 1 application. Let’s see what the future holds for me.


2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear that! Duke is known to be super selective though. Don't give up! UNC & McCombs (although not as highly ranked as Duke) are amazing programs. good luck on your remianing applications!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mylifofbliss1. the boost by fellow applicants like you does help a lot.

    ReplyDelete